Pear Pecan Loaves are just perfect as a treat with tea and coffee.
It’s a crumbly mini Pecan Loaf stuffed with spiced pear cubes and topped with a creamy yoghurt and ground pecans.
Rustic and artisanal, the combination of zingy crisp pear, nutty pecan and creamy yoghurt leave your pallet wanting more. Each flavour compliments the next, an unbreakable circle of deliciousness.
For this recipe for 6 Pear Pecan loafs, you will need:
- Unsalted butter – 85g
- Coconut sugar – 85g
- Half orange zest
- Nutmeg – 1/3 tea spoon
- Cinnamon – 1/3 tea spoon
- Baking powder – 2/3 tea spoon
- Vanilla liquid – 2/3 tea spoon
- 1 egg
- Gluten-free plain flour – 26g
- Sorghum flour – 20g
- Ground almond – 60g
- Grated pears – 17g
- Pecan nibs- as many as you like- we did 15g per loaf
- Cubed pear – 60g
- Cream Cheese Icing
- Double cream 55g
- Full fat soft cheese 80g
- Agave nectar 32g
- Vanilla liquid 1/3 tsp
- Pecan powder 30g
- In a mixer bowl with a paddle attachment, slowly cream the butter, sugar/sweetener, orange zest, baking powder, vanilla liquid, nutmeg and cinnamon. The result should be light and fluffy.
- Then slowly add your egg and make sure the mix doesn’t split into layers. To do so we recommend adding your eggs 1 by 1. That way it stays consistent. In the meantime, in another bowl, sift the plain flour and the sorghum flour. Then, add ground almond and create a light and blended mix. Add grated pear, flour mix and pecan to your original mix and fold gently.
- Split the mix into 6 individual tins/moulds (7cm length by 5cm height is what we use but you can use any type you want).
- Add 10g of cubed pear on top of each cake, and bake at around 165C°, between 15 and 25 minutes. Ovens usually vary, these will be ready when they are golden and raised about 1-2 cm from the rings/moulds.
- Once your cakes have cooled down, you can start preparing your delicious Cream Cheese Icing.
- Cream Cheese Icing
- Pour in the double cream, full fat soft cheese, Agave Nectar, and Vanilla Liquid into a Mixing bowl. Use a Hand-Whisk and keep mixing until the mixture firms up. Pipe onto each individual cake.
- Leave in the fridge for 10 minutes to set.
- In the meantime, crush the pecan into powder. turn each cakes upside down into the powder to coat the icing.